你知道 「take off」 的意思是什麼嗎？這個動詞短語看似簡單，可實際的用處卻不少。看 「一分鐘英語」，學習 「take off」 的三個意思和用法。
Hi, this is Kee from BBC Learning English. Today, I’m going to tell you three different ways of using the phrasal verb take off.
First, we use take off to describe removing clothing.
It’s really hot here, so I’m going to take off my jumper.
You can also separate take and off and say “take my jumper off“.
Second, we use take off to describe something becoming successful.
I’m going to be rich. My business has taken off.
Third, we use take off to describe not going to work.
I’m going to take a day off work tomorrow.
So, we can say take off my jumper, or take my juper off, my business has taken off, and lastly take a day off.
‘Take off’ is a phrasal verb. This means it is a verb (take) followed by a particle (off). Phrasal verbs are tricky because they can have many different meanings depending on the context.
「Take off」 是一個動詞短語，它由動詞 「take」 和小品詞 「off」 組成。動詞短語的用法較難，因為它們的意思可能會隨著語境的變化而發生改變。
1. Remove clothing
Take off can mean remove clothing. With this use, take off is separable. This means that the item of clothing can go between the verb and the particle.
「Take off」 可以表示 「脫衣服」。在表達這個意思時，動詞短語 「take off」 可以被分開，即：動詞 take + 衣物的名稱 + 小品詞 off 。
- It’s warm here. I’m going to take off my jumper.
- It’s warm here. I’m going to take my jumper off.
- Please take off your shoes when you come inside.
- Please take your shoes off when you come inside.
2. Something becoming successful
Take off can also mean become successful, especially suddenly.
「Take off」 還可以表示 「突然變得成功，開始走紅」。
- I’m going to be rich. My business has taken off.
- I never liked his music, but it’s taken off quite recently. Everyone is listening to it.
3. Not go to work
Take off can be used with a time word to mean have time away from work.
「Take off」 可以與表示時間的詞語搭配使用，表示 「休假，不上班」。
- I’m going to take a day off work tomorrow
- She asked to take a week off next month for a holiday.