漫步徜徉、大搖大擺、來回踱步……你能想到哪些 “走” 法？除了常見動詞 “walk” 以外，英語中還有不少可以用來描述走路方式的詞語。比如：“stroll、pace、wander” 和 “swagger”。它們分別描述哪種 “走”？看視頻！
Hi, everyone. I’m James, and today I’m going to share four verbs you can use instead of walk.
Let’s get started. So the first verb is stroll. This is a slow casual walk you might take to relax.
For example: We took a stroll around the park to get some fresh air.
So the next verb is pace. You might pace when you’re stressed or anxious about something and it’s normally when you walk back and to, across a small area.
So, for example: I paced around my home office waiting to find out if I’d got the job.
Let’s look at wander now. Wander means ‘to walk around with no destination in mind’.
So, for example: On our first day of holiday we wandered around the city centre.
And finally we have the verb swagger. This means ‘to walk around with too much self-confidence and arrogance’.
So, for example: Pete swaggered around the office when he won the lottery.
See you next time, everyone!
1. “Stroll” 的意思是 “為了放鬆而走路，散步”，既可以作動詞用，也可以作名詞用。
- We strolled by the river yesterday. It was lovely.
- We took a stroll around the park to get some fresh air.
- He is going for a stroll along the beach.
2. 動詞 “pace” 有 “來回踱步” 的意思，可用來表達 “因感到壓力或焦慮而在小片區域內走來走去”。
- I paced around my home office waiting to find out if I’d got the job.
- The lion paced up and down its cage.
- He is pacing outside the operating room.
3. “Wander” 的意思是 “漫無目的地走，閒逛”，既可以作動詞用，也可以作名詞用。
- On our first day of holiday we wandered around the city centre.
- Let’s wander into town and see what’s going on.
- Are you going for a wander in the woods?
4. “Swagger” 的意思是 “趾高氣揚、大搖大擺地走”，既可以作動詞用，也可以作名詞用。
- Pete swaggered around the office when he won the lottery.
- She walked with a swagger that made you know she was successful.