「As」 一字拼寫簡單，用法可不少！「Work as a waitress」 是什麼意思？「As…as」 的句式用來做什麼？如何用 「as」 表示兩件事情同時發生？看影片，跟主持人 Sam 鞏固複習 「as」 的四個常見用法。
‘As’ is tiny, but mighty. You can use it in lots of different ways. So, let’s have a look at four of them together.
You can use ‘as’ – number 1 – to compare two people or things.
Tokyo is as big as Los Angeles (more or less)
Number 2 – to describe somebody’s job:
I used to work as a waitress. (And no, I wasn’t very good)
Or to describe something’s function:
Did you know that you can use olive oil as shampoo? Me neither!
Number 3 – to say that something happened at the same time as something else.
You rang me just as I was texting you.
Number 4 – to give a reason like ‘because’.
As the sun is shining today, I think I might go for some fresh air after this.
And as you have hopefully been learning something new, why don’t you practice one of these in the comments now?
1. 用 「as」 來比較兩個人或事物。搭配 「as…as」 可以表示 「一樣，不分伯仲」
- My house is very small – hers is twice as big.
- He is as tall as his brother.
2. 用 「as」 來描述人的職業或事物的功能。
- He works as a nurse.
- You can use coconut oil as cooking oil.
3. 用 「as」 描述兩件事同時發生。
- I was just thinking about you as you rang.
- The doorbell rang as I was cooking.
4. 用 「as」 引出原因，類似於 「because」。
- I didn’t go to the party as I was tired.
- I forgot to send the email as I was stressed.