如果你想表達 A 和 B 一樣高，除了可以說：「A and B are the same height.」，還能怎麼說？在英語中，「as + 形容詞 + as」 的結構同樣可以表示兩個人或事物 「在某一方面的特點相同或相等」。聽主持人 Roy 的講解，學習用 「as… as」 結構表達兩者 「不分伯仲」。
Hi! I’m Roy, and today I’m going to tell you all about making comparatives using the words as and as.
Look at this sentence: James is as tall as me. That means James and I are the same height.
We use as with an adjective and another as to say that something is the same or equal.
You can also use the words 『much’ or 『many’ between the two as』s.
I have as many video games as James.
If you want to say that something is not the same or not equal, you can use the word 『not’. We put the word 『not’ in front of the first as.
The film is not as good as the book.
This means I think the book is better than the film.
Anyway, I’ve got to go, but I hope you’re as happy as I am.
1. 我們可以用 「as + 形容詞 + as」 的結構表示 「兩者的某個特點相同或等同」。
- James is as tall as me.
- My car is as fast as yours.
2. 用 「as + many/much + 名詞 + as」 表示 「和…一樣多」。
- I have as many video games as James.
- I have as much money as yesterday.
3. 用 「not + as + 形容詞 + as」 的結構表示 「兩者的某個特點不相同或不等同」。
- The film is not as good as the book.
- I’m not as angry as I was.