動詞 「assure、ensure」 和 「insure」 都以 「-sure」 結尾，它們的發音聽上去很像，但含義和用法不同。後面可以直接加賓語代詞的是哪個？哪個詞和 「保險」 有關？哪個詞表示 「確保」 某件事情一定會發生？聽主持人 James 為你辨析三個詞的區別。
Hi, everyone! Today’s English In A Minute is all about the words assure, ensure and insure. They’re often confused because they sound very similar.
To assure means ‘to remove any doubt’.
It’s followed by an object pronoun. For example:
My friend assured me that he would come to the party.
To ensure means ‘to make sure that something happens’.
This verb is not followed by an object pronoun. For example:
I called the bakery to ensure the cake would be ready for the party.
To insure means ‘to protect something with an insurance policy’. For example:
I insured my car against theft.
1. 動詞 「assure」 用來表達 「（為消除疑慮）向……保證」，後面接賓語代詞，以表明向誰保證。
- I assured him that the package would arrive on time.
- She assured me that the work would be done properly.
2. 動詞 「ensure」 的意思是 「確保（某事會發生）」，後面不接賓語代詞，而是直接說明事件。
- I ensured the package arrived on time by delivering it personally.
- She ensured the work was done properly by hiring the best workers.
3. 動詞 「insure」 的意思則是 「給……上保險」。
- I insured my house against fire and burglary.
- The sales person advised me to insure my new computer.