搭配 「at the moment」 和副詞 「actually」 都可以用在句首。「At the moment」 用來描述事情發生的時間是 「此時此刻」；而 「actually」 的意思是 「實際上，事實上」。看視頻，聽主持人 James 的講解。
Hi, everybody. I’m James and welcome back to this week’s English In A Minute. This week we’re going to look at the differences between actually and at the moment. These two phrases are often confused, so let’s take a look at an example.
At the moment, I’m making this programme. But actually, I should be in a meeting.
So, this sentence shows both phrases but they’re actually quite different. Let’s break it down.
At the moment, I’m making this programme. As you can see, I’m making this programme right now, so at the moment means ‘now’ or ‘in the present’.
But actually, I should be in a meeting. Now, in this part of my sentence, actually isn’t talking about time at all. Actually means ‘in fact’ or ‘in reality’.
So, if you want to talk about now, say at the moment. But if you want to say ‘in reality’, say actually.
At themoment, I want to go and make a coffee. But actually, I think I’ll go back to my desk. Bye!
1. 「At the moment」 的意思是 「此時此刻，目前」。
- I’m studying at the moment because I have an exam tomorrow.
- I’m sorry. He’s not here at the moment. Would you like to leave a message?
- At the moment, They’re renovating their new home so they don’t have any spare time.
2. 副詞 「actually」 的意思是 「實際上，事實上」。它通常用來提出與人們所相信的事情相反的信息。
- I thought I had got the answer correct, but actually it was wrong.
- Many people think it always rains in the UK. Actually, it only rains most of the time.
- The police are unclear as to what actually happened.