副詞 「enough」 可以指 「物體數量充足，足夠地，十分」；「too」 作副詞使用時可以指 「某物或人太…，過於…」。在使用中，人們多用 「enough」 來談論好事，而用 「too」 來談論不好的事情。看視頻，學習這兩個單字的正確用法。
Hi, I’m Tim. And I’m going to tell you the difference between too and enough when we use them as adverbs.
They refer to quantity but there’s an important difference.
Enough is usually positive. It means that something is ‘suitable’ or ‘sufficient’. Great! This T-shirt is big enough. It’ll fit me perfectly. It’s colourful enough for my sister’s party!
Too usually has a negative meaning. It’s used to say that something is ‘a problem’ or it’s ‘unsuitable’ in some way. Oh, no! This is too short! I can’t wear this! It’s too late to find anything else to wear.
So, if we have enough, it’s probably a good thing, but if you see too, it’s a bad thing.
Remember, if something is too good to be true, it probably isn’t. Unless it’s believable enough, then it probably is!
1. 副詞 「enough」 的意思包括 「數量充足，足夠地，十分」，通常用在積極的語境中談論好事，尤指某物的特定屬性很合適或足以讓人滿意。
- This T-shirt is big enough for me to wear.
- There’s enough food for everyone to eat. Pleace come in!
2. 「Too」 作副詞使用時的意思是 「某物或人太…，過於…」，通常用在負面的語境中談論壞事，尤指某事物有問題或不合適。
- This is too short. I can’t wear this.
- There were too many people at the party.