動詞 「forget」 表示 「忘記」，其後可接動詞不定式 「to do」 或動名詞，分別組成搭配 「forget to do」 和 「forget doing」。「Forget to do」 和 「forget doing」 之間有區別嗎？如果 「你忘鎖門了」，應該使用哪一個搭配？看視頻，學習如何使用這兩個表示 「忘記做某事」 的搭配。
Hi, everyone. James from BBC Learning English here. Today, we’re going to look at the difference between forget to do and forget doing.
Take a look at these examples:
I forgot to lock the door.
I forgot locking the door.
Notice the difference in the way that I said these examples.
When we use the verb forget followed by the infinitive with ‘to’, it means that you were supposed to do something, but you didn’t actually do it.
So, I was supposed to lock the door, but I didn’t.
However, when we use the verb forget followed by an -ing verb, it means that you did do something, but you have no memory of it.
So I did lock the door, but I don’t recall it.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the BBC Learning English channel. Bye, everyone!
1. 我們用 「forget to do」 來表示 「本來應該做某事，但是因為忘記了，所以沒有做」。
- I forgot to lock the door.
- He has forgotten to do his homework again!
- Don’t forget to wash your hands.
- I forgot to feed the cat. She’s really hungry.
2. 我們用 「forget doing」 來表示 「不記得做過某事」。
- I forgot locking the door.
- I had forgotten going to Paris until I saw the photos.