「Good」 和 「well」 翻譯成漢語都是 「好」 —— 但它們之中一個是形容詞，另一個則在大部分情況下是副詞。「Good」 和 「well」 哪一個常修飾名詞，哪一個常修飾動詞？主持人 Sam 用一分鐘的時間講解兩個詞語之間的區別。
Hello, I’m Sam and we are going to look at the difference between good and well together.
I make very good pizza.
What is good describing? It’s describing ‘pizza’, which is a noun, which makes good an adjective. And where does it go in the sentence? It goes before the noun.
I make pizza very well.
What is well describing here? It’s describing ‘make’. And ‘make’ is a verb, so well is an adverb. And where does it go in a sentence? It goes after the verb.
Careful, because well can also be an adjective, but only to talk about feeling healthy or unhealthy. I wasn’t feeling very well yesterday, but I’m fine today.
So keep watching these videos, so your English will be good and you’ll be able to speak it well.
1. 「Good」 是形容詞，意思是 「好的」，常被用來修飾名詞。
- I make very good pizza.
- Keep watching these videos, so your English will be good.
- She’s a good person.
2. 「Well」 常作副詞用，意思是 「好地」，常被用來修飾動詞。
- I make pizza very well.
- Keep watching these videos, so you’ll be able to speak English well.
- He swims well.
3. 「Well」 可以在談論身體狀況的語境中作形容詞使用，意思是 「健康的」。
- I wasn’t feeling very well yesterday, but I’m fine today.
- Are the children well?