介係詞 「in」 除了有 「在……裡面」 的意思，它還可以作時間介係詞，表示 「在……期間」 或 「在……（時間）之內」。本集 「一分鐘英語」 講解時間介係詞 「in」 的五個用法。
Hi, I’m Phil from BBC Learning English. Today, I’m going to tell you five ways to use in with time expressions.
Number one: months. I can say: I’m going on holiday in May.
Number two: seasons. So, we can say: In winter, it’s cold.
Number three: years. So, I can say: I finished school in 2000.
Number four: most times of day. I leave home in the morning. I get home in the evening. But, I go to sleep at night. It’s an exception!
Number five: We use it with in the past, in the present and in the future. In the future, you’ll learn everything from videos.
In is a preposition of time. It can be used with:
1. in + 月份
- I’m going on holiday in May.
- I’ll next see you at Christmas in December.
- I think we arrived some time in June.
2. in + 季節
- In winter, it’s cold.
- I think this year I’ll have my holiday in summer.
- Mummy, do the leaves fall off the tree in spring or in autumn?
3. in + 年份
- I finished school in 2000.
- The Titanic sank in 1912.
- I grew up in the 1930s.
4. in + 一天的上午、下午和晚上
- I leave home in the morning.
- I’ll see you in the afternoon.
- I get home in the evening.
要注意！表示 「在夜裡」 時，用介係詞 「at」。
- I can’t sleep at night.
5. in + 過去、現在、將來
- In the past, people died much younger.
- You need to learn to live in the present.
- In the future, you’ll learn everything from videos.