在口語交流中，尤其是以英語為母語的人士在交談時，一些單字中的母音，甚至個別單字，會被簡化讀成一個類似 /Ə/ 的 “懶音”。學習這類縮略音的發音規律有助於讓我們的英語聽起來更自然、流暢。看視頻，和主持人 Sian 一起學一學。
Let’s find out how to make your pronunciation more natural.
So, in fast speech we don’t pronounce every word equally.
Fast words are often pronounced as this sound – the schwa.
It’s a lazy sound like this: /Ə/ Here are some examples.
In natural speech, grammar words like articles, prepositions can be reduced to a schwa.
A and of can become /Ə/. An becomes /Ən/. To becomes /tƏ/.
A cup of tea becomes /Ə/ cup /Ə/ tea.
Also the auxiliary have is often reduced to just /Ə/.
Would have becomes /ˈwʊd·ə/, should have – /ˈʃʊd·ə/ and could have – /ˈkʊd·ə/.
You should’ve told me, I would’ve helped.
And with going to, the to often becomes /Ə/ so we get /ˈɡə.nə/ and want to becomes /ˈwə.nə/.
So, if you wanna sound more natural you’re gonna have to use the schwa.
口語交流中，有些元音會被弱化成 “非重讀中央母音” /Ə/。比如：
1. 冠詞 “a”、“an”，介詞 “to”、“of” 等語法詞：
- A cup of tea → /Ə/ cup /Ə/ tea
- I’ll talk to him later → I’ll talk /tƏ/ him later
- What an odd thing to say → What /Ən/ odd thing to say
2. 助動詞 “have”：
- You should have told me, I would have helped. → You /ˈʃʊd·ə/ told me, I /ˈwʊd·ə/ helped.
- I could have done that → I /ˈkʊd·ə/ done that
3. 搭配 “going to” 和 “want to”：
- I’m going to go there and check → I’m /ˈɡə.nə/ go there and check
- Do you want to come? → Do you /ˈwə.nə/ come?