在現在完成時中，「for」 和 「since」 用來補充說明一個動作或狀態所持續的時間。在這兩個詞當中，「for」 用來說明動作或狀態所延續的 「時間段」；「since」 用來提示動作從過去的一個 「時間點」 開始。做下面的測驗題，鞏固你對這兩個詞語在現在完成時中的用法理解。
1. I’ve been waiting for your phone call ______.
a) since yesterday
b) since two days
c) for Monday
d) for the weekend
2. He has been studying at university ______.
a) for he was 19
b) since two years
c) for 2017
d) for two years
3. She’s known her best friend Mia ______.
a) for when they were toddlers
b) since they were toddlers
c) since five years
d) for 2006
4. I have been absent from work ______ because I haven’t been very well.
a) since last week
b) since the last six weeks
c) since a few days
d) for Tuesday
5. I have wanted to go scuba-diving in Mexico ______.
a) since ages
b) for such a long time
c) since years
d) for the time I was a kid
6. Which of the following sentences is correct?
a) I’m so tired. I have worked since 6 o’clock this morning!
b) I’m so tired. I worked for 6 o’clock this morning!
c) I’m so tired. I have been working for 6 o’clock this morning!
d) I’m so tired. I have been working since 6 o’clock this morning!
7. Which of the following sentences is correct?
a) Since three years, I’ve been practising the drums.
b) I love it here! I’ve lived here for I was born!
c) He has been writing that book now for two years.
d) I’ve been paying off my car loan since 18 months.
8. Which of the following sentences is not correct?
a) All his friends and family are really worried. He hasn’t been in contact since last week.
b) Ritzy is so excited that her sister is coming to visit her. She hasn’t see her sister for last year!
c) Roberto has been practising judo for ten years.
d) Sara has been listening to soul music since she could walk.
1) a, 2) d, 3) b, 4) a, 5) b, 6) d, 7) c, 8) b.