不論是在口語交流時，還是在書面寫作中，連接詞 「linkers」 無處不在。掌握連接詞的用法可以幫你在寫作和交流時更好地組織語言，並使行文或表達更流暢、邏輯聯繫更緊密。常見的連接詞有 「simultaneously、similarly、meanwhile、essentially、as a matter of fact」。在這些詞語中，哪些可以用來說明事情發生的時間和持續的時長相同？哪些可以在句子中起到強調特定信息的作用？哪個詞可用來比較不同事物之間的共同點？做八道題，測一測你對英語中連接詞的理解程度。
1. _______ he wasn’t interested in computer science, but then changed his mind when he studied it at school.
2. The two football matches were shown _______ on two screens.
3. Although she played a few live shows, _______ she was a film music composer.
4. Some say when a country’s economy is failing, this _______ leads to a rise in crime rates.
5. The cost of living in a small town is much cheaper than a big city, but wages are _______ lower.
6. The high school students were _______ dressed in their uniforms.
7. A: Have you seen Carlos lately?
B: _______ I had lunch with him yesterday.
b) As a matter of fact
8. Bo is starting a new job with an accountancy firm next month. _______ she is having a holiday in Dubai.
a) As a matter of fact
1) c, 2) a, 3) d, 4) b, 5) d, 6) a, 7) b, 8) d.