1. Which word is an example of an intensifier?
d) all of the above
2. Which is the intensifier word used in this sentence?
“What a great party! We had so much fun!”
3. Which intensifier gives emphasis to what is being said and means ‘very’?
d) none of the above
4. Which intensifier is used to mean ‘more than necessary’?
5. Use some of these words, including an intensifier, to make a correct sentence: made Karen much she such failed mistakes because made many too
a) Karen made much mistakes because she failed
b) Karen such failed because she made much mistakes
c) Karen failed because she made such mistakes
d) Karen failed because she made too many mistakes
6. In modern spoken English, ‘so’ is increasingly being used before nouns and verbs. Which is an example of this?
a) That dress is so last year!
b) I’m so going to shout at him when I see him!
c) She’s so going to regret it when she gets home!
d) All of the above
1) b, 2) c, 3) b, 4) a, 5) d, 6) d.