1. The movement of water in an ocean in a particular direction is called a(n) ______.
2. Which one of these is NOT the name for a storm over an ocean?
a) a hurricane
b) a tornado
c) a typhoon
d) a cyclone
3. What is the land along the edge of an ocean called?
a) the island
b) a reef
c) an archipelago
d) the shore
4. Big blocks of frozen water floating in the ocean are called ______.
5. Which phrase describes the regular daily movement of water when the sea goes away from the land?
a) the water is going out
b) the tide is going out
c) the sea is getting lower
d) the ocean is sinking
6. Lines of raised water in the ocean are called ______.
c) water spouts
1) a, 2) b, 3) d, 4) c, 5) b, 6) a.