1. What tense is this sentence? “I go to work everyday.”
a) The present simple
b) The present continuous
c) The simple past
d) The past continous
2. Which of these is NOT a tense?
a) The present continuous
b) The past perfect
c) The future perfect continuous
d) The passive
3. Choose the sentence which is in the present continous tense.
a) I was running at this time yesterday.
b) She ate out with her friends last night.
c) They are having a meeting now.
d) He is going to a workshop later.
4. Choose the sentence which refers to a future event.
a) Ming is good at drawing.
b) You can’t seriously be eating sandwich again!
c) I am watching TV.
d) Duan is going to London next month.
5. Choose the sentence which is in the simple past tense.
a) We were travelling in Europe this time last year.
b) Na and Bing gave a presentation on English tenses.
c) They are cooking dinner in the kitchen.
d) Gu will be the head of the English class.
6. Which of these words is usally used to describe future events?
1) a, 2) d, 3) c, 4) d, 5) b, 6) b.