在很多國家，每年的4月1日是用來“捉弄”家人和朋友的節日 — 愚人節 April Fool’s Day。在這一天，我們可能會對密友或家人“搞惡作劇 pull a prank”，開一些善意的玩笑。做小測驗題，學習有關“欺騙”和“受騙”等詞彙。
1. That’s not true! Stop __________ my leg!
2. What could you say if you didn’t believe what someone was trying to tell you?
a) I’m not tipping for that.
b) I’m not falling for that.
c) I’m not rising for that.
d) I’m not sitting for that.
3. What could you say to someone who successfully played a trick on you?
a) You got me!
b) You struck me!
c) You failed me!
d) You hit me!
4. What’s the missing word in this expression, which means ‘to trick someone’? To pull the __________ over someone’s eyes.
5. Which phrasal verb completes this sentence, which means someone has believed something that wasn’t true? She was __________ the hoax.
a) taken out by
b) taken off by
c) taken through
d) taken in by
6. Which of these expressions means that you were tricked?
a) I was bumped.
b) I was duped.
c) I was fitted.
d) I was cranked.
1) c, 2) b, 3) a, 4) a, 5) d, 6) b.