Taylor Swift tells graduates to embrace ‘cringe’ 泰勒‧斯威夫特紐約大學畢業演說:不懼 「尬」 活

970

本集內容

Taylor Swift tells graduates to embrace ‘cringe’ 泰勒‧斯威夫特紐約大學畢業演說:不懼 「尬」 活

文字稿

Taylor Swift, Singer
“I’m 90% sure the main reason I’m here is because I have a song called ’22’.”

泰勒‧斯威夫特       歌手
我有90%的把握說我來這裡演講的主要原因是:我有一首歌叫《22》。

Taylor Swift addressed graduating students at a New York stadium.

泰勒‧斯威夫特在紐約一座體育場內向畢業生致辭。

How do I give advice to this many people about their life choices? I won’t.

我該怎麼向這麼多人提供人生選擇方面的建議?我不會這樣做。

“The scary news is you’re on your own now. But the cool news is you’re on your own now.”

慘了,從現在開始你只能靠自己了,但好消息是,你終於能自力更生了。

Learn to live alongside ‘cringe’.

學會和 「尷尬」 並存。

“No matter how hard you try to avoid being cringe, you will look back on your life and cringe retrospectively.”

無論你怎麼盡力避免自己做出很尷尬的事情,當你回首往昔,想起當初的自己時,不禁 「尬」 意襲來。

She thanked the university for giving her an honorary degree.

她感謝紐約大學授予她榮譽學位。

“I’d like to thank NYU for making me technically, on paper at least, a doctor.

我要感謝紐約大學讓我在理論上,至少是書面上,成為了一名博士。

Not the type of doctor you would want around in case of an emergency, unless your specific emergency was that you desperately needed to hear a song with a catchy hook and an intensely cathartic bridge section.”

這並不是你在緊急情況下想要的那種 「醫生」,除非你的特殊緊急情況是:你迫切地想聽一首朗朗上口、過渡部分將感情宣洩得淋漓盡致的歌曲。

重點語句

1. How do I give advice to this many people about their life choices? I won’t.

2. Learn to live alongside ‘cringe’.

3. She thanked the university for giving her an honorary degree.